The Canadian Public Relations Society provides public relations, communications and marketing pros and students opportunities to learn, connect and celebrate.
National Conference Grant 2017
Deadline: April 14, 2017 at midnight
Since 2001, the Canadian Public Relations Society of Vancouver Island (CPRS-VI) has made it easier for Vancouver Island aspiring public relations professionals to stay current in their field.
Each year, a CPRS-VI member in good standing is chosen to receive funds to attend the CPRS National Conference. The grant will pay for the registration fees to Illuminate 2017 in Kelowna, B.C. from May 28 to May 30, 2017.
The successful recipient will be invited to write a 400-word blog post sharing their lessons learned of the experience at the national conference.
To be eligible for the grant, you must:
• must be a CPRS National member in good standing (Full, Associate, or Affiliate), and
• must be an active volunteer in the community and/or with CPRS-VI
To apply, complete the application form here and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 14, 2017 at midnight.
It's Membership Month!
It’s Membership Month at Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) and there is no better time than now to join and save!
Join in March to automatically receive a 12-month subscription to Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) ’s Public Relations award-winning monthly tabloid-style newspaper Tactics - a value of $79.10.
But that’s not all…one lucky new member who joins in March will win a complimentary registration for the 2017 National Conference in Kelowna - a $1,525 value!
Here are a few great reasons why people like you have joined CPRS:
• The CPRS Accreditation program, where members demonstrate their experience and commitment to the public relations profession and receive their APR® designation. Application deadline is December 1, 2017;
• The Public Relations Knowledge (PRK)® Exam, the first standardized national public relations exam across Canada for new entrants to the profession. (Next exam is May 6, 2017)
• Member-only pricing for the 2017 National Conference in Kelowna in May
• Monthly professional development webinars are offered as an exclusive member-only benefit
• Professional development and engagement opportunities with local or national boards, committees, task forces, special CPRS initiatives, opportunities that can open the door to added professional skills and career learning, mentorship opportunities and knowledge transfer.
And there’s more! Check out the full list of benefits here
I encourage you to get involved with CPRS, Canada’s only national association for public relations and communications management professionals.
Peggy Kulmala, APR
Planning underway for our annual Media Crawl in April! Stay tuned!
Sign-up here to receive our monthly newsletter with news items as well as event and job notices!